If your child has any of the symptoms listed in the image below, do not send them to school and contact your GP
Ag Filleadh ar Ghaelscoil Dhún Dealgan, Lúnasa 2021
Back to school advice for parents and children
Below are guidance and videos created by the Department of Education with some back to school advice for parents and children attending primary school. You are encouraged to watch these videos with your child before they return to school.
*If returning from travel abroad, please refer to the guidelines of the Department of Health here
*If your child is not at school, for whatever reason, please click on your child’s class below and fill in the form:
It is really important that we all follow the advice of the HSE If one of the following is true, do not send your child to school and ring your GP for advice.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 it is important to know and recognise the symptoms of coronavirus (which includes the DELTA variant). They are:
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
· a fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above).
· a new cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry.
· shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
· loss or change in your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
· Aches and Pains
Other uncommon symptoms of coronavirus include:
· sore throat
· runny or stuffy noses
· feeling sick or vomiting
Symptoms may be subject to change so regular review of the HSE Website is advised.
· The Department of Education has clarified that the public health guidance in respect of mask wearing has not changed regarding primary school age children. It is not the case that this precludes any parent deciding that their primary school child should wear a face covering.
You will need to:
- Isolate your child from other people – this means keeping them at home and completely avoiding contact with other people, as much as possible. Read advice on self-isolation
- Phone your GP – they will advise you if your child needs a coronavirus test.
- Everyone that your child lives with should also restrict their movements, at least until your child gets a diagnosis from their GP or a coronavirus test result. This means not going to school, childcare or work.
- Treat your child at home for their symptoms.
Your child should only leave your home to have a test or to see your GP.
If your child is isolated during school as he/she is displaying Covid 19 symptoms, you will be given a form which must be filled and a screen-shot of it sent to M.Maria on (087)1706488
Gaelscoil Dhún Dealgan – Measúnaithe Riosca (Covid 19)