Effective from 15/9/2020 -Please Read!
If your child is not at school, for whatever reason, please click on your child’s class and fill in the form:
It is really important that we all follow the advice of the HSE at this time. This extract is taken from the above document. If one of the following is true, do not send your child to school and ring your GP for advice.
- a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or more
- any other common symptoms of coronavirus – a new cough, loss or changed sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus
- been living with someone who is unwell and may have coronavirus
- an existing breathing condition that has recently got worse
You will need to:
- Isolate your child from other people – this means keeping them at home and completely avoiding contact with other people, as much as possible. Read advice on self-isolation
- Phone your GP – they will advise you if your child needs a coronavirus test.
- Everyone that your child lives with should also restrict their movements, at least until your child gets a diagnosis from their GP or a coronavirus test result. This means not going to school, childcare or work.
- Treat your child at home for their symptoms.
Your child should only leave your home to have a test or to see your GP.
If your child is isolated during school as he/she is displaying Covid 19 symptoms, you will be given a form which must be filled and a screen-shot of it sent to M.Cristíona on (087)1706488
Isolation quick-guide from HSE for Primary School Children: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PtmXw63GG9Z5qq7SaTPPwXOsAKQymyH8/view?usp=sharing
Covid 19 World Service Back-to-School Videos https://nascireland.org/covid-19-world-service
Guidance from NPHET on the return to School: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a04fc-advice-for-students-and-their-families/
Litir do thuistí/ Letter to Parents 23/8/2020 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvLxjicGp3q7ozALaJUV0IPJtZ6lYUcdhLytIZYkMSE/edit?usp=sharing
Gaelscoil Dhún Dealgan – Risk Assessment Document Covid 19 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HQD6Wgd9-hmUBQFfx8ALu7qjElnEZdAL/view?usp=sharing
Gaelscoil Dhún Dealgan – Measúnaithe Riosca (Covid 19)
Gaelscoil Dhún Dealgan Covid 19 Policy Document https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OH5ULp9XCGYy8ebKlPhjhVoTHnpDIeP/view?usp=sharing
Litir do thuismitheoirí ón Aire Oideachais, Norma Foley TD, 27/7/2020 https://drive.google.com/file/d/16999k2h3jbb1oG8QqCH61rlTiuYKKUsa/view?usp=sharing
Letter to parents from Minster for Education, Norma Foley TD, 27/7/2020
https://www.scoilnet.ie/go-to-primary/ – all subjects
https://www.librariesireland.ie/elibrary – read e-books for free
http://fluencyandfitness.com – Maths and Reading
www.folensonline.ie (register for free as a teacher using the Roll number Prim20 for primary and Sec20 for secondary and look for Abair Liom in the search engine. Choose the desired level. Vocab, stories and games to reinforce learning)
www.folensonline.ie ( Have also opened up free membership to parents. You can find online versions of school books with games to enhance learning.)
World Book Online – 3,000 ebooks and audiobooks available for free for children to access at home. They have books suitable for all ages. Click on the following link to access them.